Search This Blog

Radio Guy Tees

Radio Guy Tees
Radio Guy T-Shirts

Tuesday 27 August 2013

So the radios good, what about the new Ham cat?

Well,

Been fiddling at home a bit recently, changed a few things around and played mostly with JT9. Yesterday morning I was calling CQ on 20M when VK1DW called me - he's in Holder, Australia - that's just over 10,500 miles away - thanks Dean! I was running 20W into the homebrew Windom I made here:

http://g0mgx.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/so-who-is-caroline-ah-carolina-windom.html

Its during moments like that when I remember what inspired me into Ham radio in the first place; it never fails to send a tingle down my spine. Simply amazing.

Here's a pic of the shack as-is today:


and here a close up from the weekend of the TS-990 in RTTY mode interfaced to the contest logging program Writelog:


Here's Florrie the new ham cat, she is definitely getting the hang of being my second shack assistant:


And chief ham cat, second in command the Geddy cat has found yet another new place to take it easy (you can see the paws):


Fun, egh?

No comments:

Post a Comment