Search This Blog

Radio Guy Tees

Radio Guy Tees
Radio Guy T-Shirts

Tuesday 2 February 2016

Well, Well, Well, what's news?

It's been quite a while since I updated my blog, and there's been quite a bit going on in my life. Primarilly I have been travelling to the Far East and back working for a living.

We've also had a new addition to the family, this is Bonnie Dog, she is the daughter of our Elmo and is a Sprocker Spaniel:



She is 12 weeks old today and quite a bit bigger now than the photo above, here she is with her Dad:


The shack is more than complete and already a total mess nearly all the time:




Myself and my chum Vince, G0OIRC have started dabbling in the Tuesday evening UKAC contests.

We bought ourselves a generator:



Plus a selection of antennas to cover 6M, 4M, 2M and 70cm:


We have been operating from Alport Top in Derbyshire IO93FB:

So far, due to my travelling, we have only done one 70cm test, but the results were very impressive. We are ready for tonights 2M test, so we will see what happens:



We are also planning to get a 23cm capability for portable operation, my current plan is to combine one of these transverters:

http://www.sg-lab.com/TR1300/tr1300.html

with one of the PAs from here:

http://www.g4bao.com/

Fun egh?

Local conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment