Search This Blog

Radio Guy Tees

Radio Guy Tees
Radio Guy T-Shirts

Sunday 1 May 2011

6m and counting

I've added yet another antenna to the house (or as my wife seems to like to call it that damn mess). This one is for 6m SSB activity.





Rather than adding another rotator, I've just stuck this on the pole that holds up the centre of the HF Windom. It's permanently fixed in the South East direction - that's kind of where Europe is from here. It's a HB9CV 2 element from Moonraker; I'm rather worried about the elements as they are rather loosely held together with nuts and bolts and rattle rather a lot when you shake it! The SWR is perfectly acceptable though, and I've already witnessed an opening into southern Spain. I was being hoovered at the time so was unable to call back.

We'll just have to see what happens!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mark, good to see your off to a flying start with your new Dual Beam Pro!

    I would value your feedback if you are able to test your Dual Beam Pro on 6m versus your 6m 2 ele yagi. This weekend I have managed to work Spain and Italy during very brief sporadic openings. You may need to try an alternative tuner if your built in tuner is not up to the task.
    73
    Carl G4GTW

    ReplyDelete