Search This Blog

Radio Guy Tees

Radio Guy Tees
Radio Guy T-Shirts

Thursday 20 October 2011

It's done, no really, it's done

Well,

My first adventure into Software Defined Radio (SDR) is under-way, my kit is built and officially up and running. It came from here:

http://www.radio-kits.co.uk

Following some help from the Hunter SDR Yahoo! group, which actually came from the kit designer, Steve, I found that I had two of the surface mount resistors orientated incorrectly. Once I corrected that the software installation went exactly as described on the kit page at the Radio Kits web site.

The HDSDR software looks like this:


So what we have in this tiny box, once combined with the PC and software, is a really nifty HF receiver:


The sound card is clearly important, and I am still very much learning to drive the receiver/software combination.

I thought I would just let you know that it's all working well.

I'll keep you posted.

What do you reckon, good egh?

No comments:

Post a Comment