Search This Blog

Tuesday, 18 October 2011

It's done, well the "extreme soldering" is anyhow

I've completed the assembly of my Hunter SDR kit from Radio Kits:

http://www.radio-kits.co.uk

The board is now officially complete:

I included the £1 coin so you can see how insanely small these components are, here is the other side of the board:
The next job was to sort out the case:


and drill the front:
and rear panels:
one together it's all looking quite neat.

I've passed all the on-board test point voltage checks and the power light comes on when the usb cable is attached and also the tx indicator comes on when you press the PTT switch.

So far, so good. I'm waiting for membership of the Yahoo! group associated with this kit, as I am not too sure how to go about the necessary software installation. Additionally I need to figure out how to get the Radio PC to work with two soundcards, as I have just installed a higher spec card for use with this kit. I don't want to change any of the existing setup for my digital mode operation.

Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment