Search This Blog

Radio Guy Tees

Radio Guy Tees
Radio Guy T-Shirts

Tuesday 2 July 2013

Can we do it with Less - Part II

Well,

Following my musings last time about how far not much RF can travel, I took another look at the site of W3PM here:

http://www.knology.net/~gmarcus/

This is where I found the inspiration for my WSPR beacon back here:

http://g0mgx.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/back-to-real-homebrewing.html

So I took a look at the latest software for the project - noting that my callsign appears in the credits! - then just reprogrammed my project with the latest code after changing the appropriate bits like callsign and locator et cetera.

I then calibrated the output for an accurate 100mW - I also calculated the loss in the coax between the output and the antenna - I make that about 1dB.

So, I have 100mW or 20bBm out of the box, 1dB loss in the coax = 19dBm or about 80mW into the antenna.

Remembering that propagation conditions are quite poor at the moment, here are the results of an overnight run:



Simply stunning, egh?

No comments:

Post a Comment