Search This Blog

Radio Guy Tees

Radio Guy Tees
Radio Guy T-Shirts

Sunday 19 January 2020

Spectrum Analysis

Well,

I've been messing about recently with some inexpensive alternatives to a Spectrum Analyser. I find my Rigol DS-815 one of the best investments I've ever made, it represents excellent value for money. However, its still an expensive purchase and I wondered if the inexpensive alternatives were any good.

First off, I tried one of these that you can source on all good auction sites, here is a link to the device on Amazon:

Without a box

and also:

With a box (if you are posh like me)


They look like the image above and represent exceptional value for money - you couldn't purchase the bits for the price.

Here's my evaluation of the device:


Second I tried an SDRPlay and associated software as a Spectrum Analyser:


Next will be a Red Pitaya... so watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment