Search This Blog

Radio Guy Tees

Radio Guy Tees
Radio Guy T-Shirts

Wednesday, 15 December 2010

QRSS Beacon Alignment

I've had a go at aligning this QRSS beacon today. The output from the small transmitter seems very clean and I've set it to the recommended level of just over 6V p-to-p. I did manage to set the output pot completely to max when I first powered it on, lots of heat but no smoke before I realised! I dont seem to have done any damage though...

I've stuch a 50R load on it and a scope probe, here's the output, very clean:

I've adjusted the frequency output to as near as I can to where I want it to be, and I've also watched the output using the Argo software and set the frequency shift of the callsign transmission.

So I guess it's time to connect the antenna and leave it running. There are quite a few grabbers on the internet, so I need to understand that a little more and then find out if and how far my 100mW is getting!

No comments:

Post a comment