Search This Blog

Radio Guy Tees

Radio Guy Tees
Radio Guy T-Shirts

Saturday 7 December 2019

More ADF4351 - really?

Well,

You may recal my dissapointment back here with the Practical Electronics GPS-synced Frequency Reference.

It turned out to be a load of Dingo's Kidneys.

You may also recal the most excellent work of Brian, GM8BJF back here using the ADF4351.

Well, I have been playing with the Micromite that was used in the Practical Electronics project, and have created a touch screen signal generator using the ADF4351.

The ADF4351 modules I have are here and this one by SV1AFN.

It's very much stolen from a project here.

I've modified the code a bit to have an additional digital output to show the PLL locked state, and also changed the code to use a 10MHz clock rather than the default 25MHz clock.

It's quite neat!



Albeit upside down:



I'm 3D printing a case for the front, then we can decide what to do with it:


The output is as I expected:


I've uploaded my bodged version of the code here.

After I finished the software mods and fiddled some more, I stuck this all in a box:


You use the touch screen to set the frequency:


and there's an LED for power and another to show the PLL is locked.

I've learnt loads building this and I'm rather pleased with it!

I've done a video on the detail here:



Here is our very beautiful and rather special Miss Florrie Cat:


1 comment: