Search This Blog

Radio Guy Tees

Radio Guy Tees
Radio Guy T-Shirts

Friday 17 December 2010

HF Linear

Well, yet another project has started today; I've been collecting bits for the WA2EBY amplifier. This design claims 40W from a 1W drive accross all HF Bands. I got the PCB's from Far Circuits in the USA http://www.farcircuits.net, the toroids came as a pack from Kits and Parts in the USA also http://kitsandparts.com/. I've bought from both of these suppliers before and their dispatch to the UK is very reasonable and fast.

I've had to order a load of Silva Mica caps from Rapid electronics in the UK for the Low Pass Filters, as I didnt have anything suitable in stock; they are supposed to arrive today, but aren't here yet.

The main amplifier board is going to look a little scruffy, but here are a few picks from the build so far:






The last image shows the board under test, I havent inserted the finals yet and I've just stuck a 1nF capacitor between where the Gate and the Drain will go on each FET. This should allow me to check the phasing of the transformers and the other bits before I smoke any expensive parts! I've just watched the realay explode as I thought it was a 24V coil, but it seems it was a 5V coil and it didn't take too kindly to having 28V accross it!!!

I'll post more when I've got a replacement relay, I don't have one right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment