Search This Blog

Radio Guy Tees

Radio Guy Tees
Radio Guy T-Shirts

Saturday 23 March 2013

RTTYing in A71 Land

Well,

Its been snowing hard in the UK (so I understand), but I'm stuck in A71 land this weekend....

The Qatar Amateur Radio Society were doing a stall at an exhibition recently, I called by to see them, here's the set up:


I've actually spent some time at the QARS main site today, you may remember I visited them a while ago:

http://g0mgx.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/a7-land-a71a-ah-qatar.html

I've been running RTTY using one of their FT-2000s. You may recall I made an interface for my FT-450 a while back:

http://g0mgx.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/hows-interfacing.html

Well, here it is on top of the FT-2000 - plus an adapter for the rig end of the cables:


So been running on 20M RTTY today with the callsign A71A. Been quite hard work as at times there were many stations calling, but no single signal decoding, I guess I perhaps need to consider working split next time.


Fun though, egh?

No comments:

Post a Comment