Search This Blog

Radio Guy Tees

Radio Guy Tees
Radio Guy T-Shirts

Monday 15 December 2014

It Made it!

Well,

I mentioned a post or two ago that I had sold some things, and bought some things.

One of the things I sold was my good faithful FT-847 that I worked on back here:

http://g0mgx.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/ft-847-pre-amp-installation.html

and the modified the PA back here:

http://g0mgx.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/ft-847-pa-mod-theres-better-way.html

The radio has gone to a good home in Marcus, OH1MN in Finland. I have never sent a parcel abroad before, let a lone one of this kind of value. But today the radio has been welcomed in it's new home:


I am very pleased that Marcus is pleased :-)

So, my shack has changed a little. Since bringing the new FLEX-6300 home it became very apparent that I needed 2 monitors. Now, I haven't tried 2 monitors before so I assumed I would need a fancy graphics card that supported two.... so I bought one. But no! I don't need a new graphics card at all! I connected one monitor to the VGA port and another to the HDMI port and bingo! To separately controllable monitors we have. Some rearrangements of my test equipment and here we are:


So radios now are:


  • TS-990 (main rig and a most wonderful piece of equipment)
  • IC-7100 for 2M, 4M and 6M Meteor Scatter
  • FLEX-6300 for HF and 6M
I still have the main HF linear I bough back here:


but now there is also the Gemini linear for 4/6M (on the right in the photo above) and 2M. The 2M linear includes the power supply for the masthead preamp we made here:


It does now mean that my test gear is a little squashed and my Spectrum Analyser has been demoted to the windowsill (which isn't good):


But I can play with the layout some more another time.

Cat's not helped much, just watched mostly:


Good, egh?

No comments:

Post a Comment